All registrants must provide valid documentation to include proof of birth age, Florida certification of immunization or exemption, proof of residency, and meet the following school registration requirements under Florida Law:
Duval County Public Schools offers engaging early learning programs that prepare children for successful entry into kindergarten.
School Choice Office
Registration for kindergarten and first-grade students begins in late April or early May at any Duval County public elementary school, middle school and/or high school. All students must be registered at their zoned area school.
1. Determine your child(ren)’s zoned area school by entering your home address in the school locator or by contacting the Pupil Assignment Office at 904-390-2144.
2. Visit the zoned area school assigned to your child(ren) during school hours. Check the school’s website for individual school hours. To visit a school website, click the "Select A School" button at the very top right and choose the zoned area school assigned to your child(ren). School hours are posted under the “Contact Us” section.
3. All students registering for any Duval County public school must adhere to the Proof of Residency Requirements as described below.
Proof of Birth, Vaccination, Physical Examination & Other Documentation
All registrants must provide all of the following:
Proof of Residency Requirements
Proof of residence is required before a student is enrolled
in his/her properly assigned school. For registration and subsequent
enrollment, the parent or legal guardian must complete the district's student
registration form and submit:
1. 1 (one) document from the sources listed in Column A
2. 1 (one) additional document from Columns B or C (both sources of information must match).
3. For extraordinary circumstances, please contact the District's Pupil Assignment Office/School Choice office directly for further clarification regarding other accepted official identification sources not listed below.
|Column A||Column B||Column C|
|Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA) bill or TECO bill||Automobile Insurance||Current Bank Account Statement (may block out account number)|
|Mortgage agreement (or closing statement)||Credit Card statement||Payroll Statement|
|Lease agreement (from a company, or *private individual)||Bank account statement||Current non-cellular phone bill|
|Driver’s License or State ID||US postal service confirmation of address change||Vehicle Registration|
Bona Fide Residence Process
When school is in session and a parent cannot readily produce the required documentation, the school shall ensure the student is readily enrolled following the “Bona Fide Residence” process:
Inaccurate Address Information
For good cause, such as but not limited to cases where the principal/designee believes that a student’s enrollment information is inaccurate due to returned mail or reasonable suspicion that the student is not residing at the claimed address, the following procedures may be implemented at the discretion of the Principal/designee (based on sufficient resources):