June 9, 2016
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Jefferson Davis Middle School is now a uniform school. The uniform policy that is in effect requires the students to adhere
to the following:
1. Grade Level Uniform Polo Shirts – The colors for the shirts are specific to each grade level: 6th grade—hunter green,
7th grade—white and 8th grade—black, pullover polo style shirts. If a shirt is worn under the uniform shirt, it must be
white, black or hunter green.
2. Pants – Only KHAKI (tan) twill cotton pants are permitted. NO CARGO PANTS. NO JEGGINGS. Pants that ar e
frayed cut, torn or expose the skin are NOT permitted. Pants shall be worn with the waistband at the waist, and NOT below
the waist. SHORTS, SKIRTS AND CAPRIS ARE NOT ALLOWED, PANTS ONLY!
3. Jackets – Hats / Hoods are NOT worn on school grounds. NO HOODIES ARE ALLOWED. When the temperature is
BELOW 50 DEGREES, students may need to wear a heavy coat to school. Jackets/Coats must be taken off when in the
4. Hats– Hats, bandanas, scarves, nets, head ties, or other head coverings may not be worn anywhere at school.
5. Belts – All belts, buckles, straps, shoestrings and zippers will be fastened as designed. Chains of any kind are NOT permitted.
6. ID Badges – ID badges MUST be worn around student neck, daily, throughout the entire school day!
7. Accessories – Cell phones, CD Players, headphones, cards, electronic games or any electronic device are NOT permitted
without administrative approval. The school is NOT responsible for any lost/stolen electronic equipment, jewelry, or other
prohibited devices. These items will only be released to the parent/guardian of the student from which it was confiscated or
any adult listed on the blue emergency contact card.
8. BACKPACKS MUST BE CLEAR OR MESH. ANY NON CLEAR OR NON MESH BACKPACKS WILL BE
CONFISCATED AND A PARENT WILL HAVE TO PICK THEM UP.
9. Students will be required to wear a PE uniform for the 2016-2017 school year. The cost of the uniform is $15.00
and may be purchased at the school, after the new school year starts.
Please be advised that the implementation of this policy will NOT allow for an opt-out option. This policy will be effective
for the 2016-2017 school year.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please feel free to contact Jenifer Vander Voort at 904-573-
1060 ext. 126.
Thank you for all of your support.