Mission and Beliefs
Stanton emphasizes teaching cultural understanding and responsible citizenship to its diverse student body so those students may become compassionate, informed participants in local and world affairs.
The mission of Stanton College Preparatory School is to foster academic excellence through comprehensive curricula, rigorous standards, and challenging assessments.
- All students can learn and student learning is the main priority of the school.
- Students’ learning needs are the primary focus of all decisions affecting the work of the school.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of opportunities for more meaningful applications of what they have learned.
- Students demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills by being actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
- Assessments of student learning provide students with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their achievement.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- A safe environment promotes student learning.
- Cultural diversity increases student’s understanding and awareness of different people and cultures.
- Challenging expectations increase individual student performance.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.