School Advisory Council
The School Advisory Council (SAC) is a team of people representing various segments of the community–parents, teachers, students, administrators, support staff, business/industry people and other interested community members.
The functions of the School Advisory Council are to:
Other broad functions of the School Advisory Council are to:
- assist in the preparation and evaluation of the School Improvement Plan
- assist in the preparation of the school budget
- assist in the completion of the MID-YEAR STAKEHOLDERS' ASSESSMENT
- participate in planning and monitoring of school buildings and grounds
- initiate activities or programs that generate greater cooperation between the community and the school
- assist in the development of educational goals and objectives
- review and provide input on curriculum issues
- recommend various support services and resources
- review the impact of property development and zoning changes in the vicinity of the school as they relate to the safety, welfare and educational opportunities of the students
- perform any such functions as are prescribed by regulations of the school board
- perform other functions as requested by the principal
The S. P. Livingston School Advisory Council meets at 10:00am on the second Tuesday of the month. In March, due to testing, we will meet on March 24th.