Traditional Dual Enrollment
Dual enrollment provides students in 11th and 12th grade the opportunity to enroll in postsecondary courses creditable toward high school completion and an associate or baccalaureate degree on our high school campus or at an FSCJ college campus.
Academic Dual Enrollment Eligibility Criteria:
- Students must be eligible (have GPA and test scores) prior to the start of class.
- Students must have a cumulative unweighted grade point average of 3.0 and maintain a 2.0 college GPA.
- Students must be tested in Reading, Writing and Math when taking PERT for the first time.
- Students must demonstrate readiness in Reading and Writing to participate in Academic Dual Enrollment.
- Students must demonstrate readiness in Math when exceeding 12 college credit hours and/or enrolling in a Math or Science course.
- Official score reports are required with dual enrollment applications for ACT, SAT, PERT (College Success printout). Scores from FOCUS are not accepted.
- Scores are interchangeable. A qualifying PERT Reading, rSAT Reading, or ACT Reading & English score can be paired with a math score from PERT, the rSAT, or the ACT.
- When using qualifying SAT Reading or ACT Reading & English scores for Academic Dual Enrollment, the student must submit a PERT Math attempt, if the student does not have a minimum math score for that test.
- Students must retest in Math and Writing if the test score date is older than two years and earn a new qualifying score.
Contact your student's counselor for additional information.