Athletic Message from The Principal
MAJOR OBJECTIVES OF SANDALWOOD HIGH SCHOOL’S ATHLETIC PROGRAM
The purpose of the Sandalwood athletic program is to:
- Provide the very best for our student athletes, challenge them first in academics and second in athletics while supporting the mission of our school and District.
- To improve the image of the school district, our individual school, and the athletic program.
- To strive always for excellence that will produce winning teams and individuals.
- To serve as a foundation where students learn how to cope with real life problems and situations which include but not limited to:
- Academic success
- Physical and emotional growth and development
- Acquisition and development of individual skills
- Team play with the development of commitments such as loyalty, cooperation, fair play, and other desirable social traits
- Directed leadership and supervision that stresses self-discipline, self-motivation, excellence, and the ideals of good sportsmanship that make for winning and losing graciously
- A focus of interest on activity programs for student body, faculty, and the community that will generate a feeling of unity and pride
- Achievement of initial goals as set by the school in general, and the student as an individual
- Provisions for worthy use of leisure time in later life, either as a participant or spectator
- Develop school pride
- Grooming, appearance, and behavior that serve to make each individual and team an outstanding representative of Sandalwood High School.
- student athletes should therefore represent the best we have to offer. At any time you do not see these ideals in any of our athletes, please let us know.
CODE OF ETHICS It is the duty of all concerned with school athletics to:
- Emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct, and fair play
- Stress the values derived from playing the game fairly
- Show courtesy to visiting teams and officials at all times
- Respect the integrity and judgment of sports officials
- Achieve a thorough understanding and acceptance of the rules of the game and the standards of eligibility
- Encourage leadership, use of initiative, and good judgment by players on the team
- Recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote physical, mental, moral, social, and emotional well-being of the individual players
- School and learning come first
If you have questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Individual Sport Coach
- Athletic Director: Francisco Ancayan Ancayanf@duvalschools.org
- Principal: Dr. Saryn L. Hatcher email@example.com