The GRASP School Counseling Department will empower all students to reach their maximum potential by providing a comprehensive school counseling program centered and focused on the students’ academic, personal/social, and career goals. Our students will be equipped to become productive citizens and leaders in this diverse and changing world.
School Counselors Goals
- Develop the whole child.
- Build strong children by empowering and equipping them with the necessary tools needed to excel in their academics, social/personal and career goals.
- To increase my knowledge of and learn about the American School Counselor Association Mindsets and Behaviors.
- To develop students who respect and appreciate the differences in their peers
What is a School Counselor?
A school counselor is the HEART of the school. This individual provides students with a comprehensive school counseling program that is developed to help students unlock the keys to school success.
What does a School Counselor do?
- Visits my classroom to help me understand myself and others.
- Meets with individual and small groups to help with study habits, self-esteem, conflict resolution, bullying, divorce and others concerns that I may have.
- Meets with new students to help them adjust to a new environment.
How can a student see the School Counselor?
- Self-Referral – Have good news to share? Celebrate with me!
- Teacher Referral- Having trouble in class with friends? I am here to listen and help.
- Parent Referral- Troubles or concerns with family life? Let’s Talk about it.
- Administrative Referral-Just need to talk to someone. I’m here for you.
- Request of the School Counselor- I’ve noticed a change in you. I’m concerned.
Jewel Lundy (904)745-4909 ext. 224, firstname.lastname@example.org