Duval County Public Schools is ready to play our part in helping your little ones learn, play, and grow. We treat your babies like our babies, and in our elementary schools, your children will find a fun and safe place to flourish. It can be tough to send your young one to school for the first time, but you can trust that your child will be loved and supported by teachers dedicated to their well-being. Remember, to enroll in Kindergarten, your student must turned five years old on or before September 1, 2020.
Step 1 - Find Your School
Use the School Locator at www.duvalschools.org/locator to find your child's attendance area school. If you have participated in the Magnet or Special Transfer Option Lottery and your student has already been assigned to a school, you may skip this step.
Step 2 - Create Your Student’s I.D.
If your student is new to Duval County Public Schools, go online at www.duvalschools.org/focus to create a student ID number and upload important documents.
(If your child attended a Duval County Public School as a VPK student, was in the teen parent program, received ESE services through Child Find or participated in the Magnet or Special Transfer Option Lottery and has already been assigned to a school, you may skip this step.)
Important Documents to Upload for Student I.D.:
- Birth certificate or valid evidence of date of birth
- Certificate of school entry health examination performed within one year of enrollment
- Immunization record. For information about Florida immunization requirements, go to: www.immunizeflorida.org
Two Proofs of Home Address:
- You may use two of the following:Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA) or TECO bill, mortgage agreements, lease agreement or driver's license.
- Or two of the following and one of the items listed above: Auto insurance, credit card statement, bank account statement, U.S. Postal Service change of address confirmation, payroll statement, current non-cellular phone bill or vehicle registration.
Step 3 - Complete Registration for Your Child's Assigned School
Your child’s school will send you an email confirmation that your child has been registered for kindergarten. This may take a few days. Follow the emailed directions to create a parent account and request to be linked to your incoming kindergarten student.