Arrival and Dismissal
***Please be patient during arrival and dismissal especially during the first few weeks of school while children are learning new routines.***
All students are to be in the school by the 8:30am bell (2nd morning bell). If your student is unable to make it into the classroom before the 8:30am bell, he/she will be sent to the front office to get a tardy.
Arrival and Dismissal
Drop off locations and areas to enter the school have changed for the 2020-2021 school year. Please make note of the changes. Extended Day drop off and pickup will take place at the back of the school at the back gate by the Cafeteria. Please look at the maps and visuals below carefully to look for drop off, walk up and pick up locations. Thank you for your grace and courtesy as we implement these changes for the safety of all of our staff, students and families. Note that ALL entry doors will be CLOSED at 8:30.
Car Riders/Parent Pick Up
- Students cannot be on campus until 8:10 a.m. unless they are enrolled in Morning Extended Day.
- Please follow the maps guidelines for dropping off your child. Stay in your car and after your child's temperature is taken, they may get out and go to class.
- For the safety of your child, please have them exit from the passenger side only. This will be strongly enforced.
- Please do not park your car in the car or bus loading zone. If your child is in primary and you wish to walk your up to building 3, please park in the designated parking areas.
- Walk up will only be for primary students and their siblings. You may walk your child to the front of building 3 where their temperature will be taken before they go to class.
- Parents will not be allowed to walk their child to class at this time.
- Early Check Out Policy: Please be aware that you will not be able to check out your child between 2:15pm and 3:00pm unless it is an emergency or approved by the Principal. *This policy is in the Student Code of Conduct*
- All bus riders have to be registered with transportation. Please fill out the online transportation form in Focus to register your child to ride the bus.
- AM Bus riders arrive in the bus loading zone and should report to either the cafeteria for breakfast or to the hallway outside of his/her classroom.
- Bus riders will be dismissed from their classrooms to the bus loading zone at 2:55.
- Parents of Kindergarten bus riders must complete the form below prior to your child riding the bus. This is a Duval County Policy.
- K Dismissal Form 2020-21
- Bus stops will be assigned by transportation.
If you are interested in your student attending Extended Day, please email Ms. Heather Dubuisson, J. Allen Axson Extended Day Director, at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support!