Volunteers are a vital part of student success at Andrew A. Robinson Elementary. By interacting with teachers, administrators, and other parents on a regular basis, you'll gain a firsthand understanding of your child's daily activities. More than 27,000 volunteers support DCPS schools each year and the number is growing. Please consider volunteering at our school events, joining our PTSA, donating supplies, becoming a homeroom parent, attending career day, organizing fundraising opportunities or starting an after school club like Boy or Girl Scouts, Dance Troop or Running Club.
10 Ways to Help Your Child Succeed in Elementary School
1. Attend Back to School Night and Parent Teacher Conferences
2. Update Your Contact Information.
3. Visit Our Website for calendar events, testing dates and staff contact information.
4. Support Homework Expectations and Create an Effective Study Environment.
5. Send Your Child to School Ready to Learn....The Right Amount of Sleep and a Healthy Breakfast.
6. Teach Organizational and Study Skills.
7. Know the Disciplinary Policies/Student Code of Conduct.
8. Get Involved by Volunteering.
9. Take Attendance Seriously.
10. Make Time to Talk About School.