*Please contact the office for the most recent updates on building vistors
Procedures for Parent Observations in Classrooms
- Anyone who is requesting to observe any space in the school must have volunteer clearance.
- Requests to observe a student within the classroom setting should be submitted by the parent to the principal or his/her designee. The principal, or his/her designee, will ensure that a minimum of 24 hours is provided to inform the teacher of the parent/guardian visit.
- Requests cannot be denied but can be delayed due to testing schedules. Requests to visit classrooms should be shared with the teacher(s) in advance by the principal or his/her designee.
- Requests for observation can be done in writing or verbally to the principal, or his/her designee, outlining the nature of the request. In addition, the request must be specific to the classroom(s) to be observed.
- Observations may not interfere with the delivery of instruction or disrupt the learning environment. Exit conferences with the teacher or principal/designee must occur at a prescribed time away from students and after instructional time.
- Visitors may not take photos, take video, or audio recordings while in the classroom observing.
- Upon arrival, visitors must follow established procedures for entering the main building including but not limited to: signing in, presenting a photo ID, and wearing a visitors’ badge. The visitor badge must be worn at all times and placed in a visible location.
- Visitors are to be escorted to the classroom by a staff member prior to the start of class.
- At the conclusion of the observation a staff member should be called to escort the parent/guardian back to the office.
- Parents/guardians may not have access to student performance or behavioral records outside of their own child’s. In addition, the principal and/or their designee should discuss with the parent/guardian the importance of maintaining confidentiality regarding observations of other students within the classroom.