School Advisory Councils (SAC), Area Advisory Councils(AAC) and District Advisory Council (DAC)The responsibility of the school advisory council is:To provide parents, citizens, faculty, staff, and students an opportunity to participate in the development of educational priorities, assessment of a school’s needs, and identification of local resources.The functions of school advisory councils are:
- To assist in the preparation and evaluation of the school improvement plan (SIP) (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.).
- To assist in the preparation of educational improvement proposals for implementing an educational improvement grant.
- To assist in the preparation of the school’s annual budget (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.).
- To assist in completion of the Mid-Year Stakeholder Assessment.
- To perform functions prescribed by regulations of the district school board (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.)
SAC TRAINING MATERIALS
Topics Covered: School Recognition Funds (SRF) and School Improvement Funds (SIF), SAC, AAC, and DAC, SAC Membership and Recruitment, School Improvement Plan Look For's, Robert's Rule of Order Script, and School Grade Calculation overview.
SAC Training Notes with Answers (key points highlighted from the presentation)
Below are documents that should be used to support the implementation of SAC, AAC, and DAC. For questions and additional support please email email@example.com or call (904) 348-7148.