DCPS - Music Curriculum - Elementary
New Elementary Music textbooks mean new curriculum guides!
All Curriculum Guides and Instructional Resources have been moved to OneNote
Within the Visual and Performing Arts Notebook, look for the following tab to access elementary music curriculum:Elementary MusicYou are welcome and able to access curriculum for Elementary and/or Secondary Music as well as the various courses within these pages.
- DCPS teachers can access these materials internally via OneNote or SharePoint.
- Once you select SharePoint, scroll down to find the Visual and Performing Arts Icon.
- Open the Notebook, then select "Open in OneNote" in the center of the top of the notebook screen.
- This will open the desktop version of OneNote.
- The Desktop version will automatically update with changes made throughout the year and navigation links will work where they will not in the online version.
Once there, you will find curriculum guides, spotlight resources, instructional resources, internet based resources, information about placing orders, PLC Meetings throughout the year and MUCH more!
The new curriculum guides and resources align with the newly adopted textbooks for elementary music: "Spotlight on Music" from McGraw Hill. These courses are for you, so if you see an addition you'd like to see, reach out to Amanda Pfisterer.