DCPS THEATRE ARTS
Congratulations to ALL of our students participating in and earning honors in District Thespians in December 2021!! Theater programs from Douglas Anderson, Mandarin High School, Paxon School of Advanced Studies, Sandalwood, and Stanton all brought home huge honors including Superior and Excellent ratings as well as Critic's Choice awards! We have a number of students who will represent their programs and our district at the upcoming State Thespians event! Stay tuned for more celebrations!
DCPS Theatre teachers, community members and businesses and indirectly, students, principals, and classroom teachers
- To make the Arts such a vital part of education that every child is provided arts experiences as part of their educational experience in Duval County;
- To assist theatre teachers in reaching their goal of educating children in the creation, understanding, and appreciation of theatre;
- To provide teachers with the necessary resources to reach their goals;
- To keep theatre teachers informed of and involved with news and activities relevant to their programs;
- To be a liaison between classroom teachers and the administrative network, providing funding and regulations for theatre programs in the schools;
- To be a liaison between schools and community groups or businesses with an interest in supporting theatre education.
Dr. Laurie Hoppock, Director of the ArtsFine Arts Office2924 Knights Lane EastHoppockL@duvalschools.org
Jacksonville, FL 32216-or-
Amanda Pfisterer, Elementary Music SpecialistMusic Resource CenterFrank H. Peterson Academies of Technology
7450 Wilson Blvd | Room 305
Jacksonville, FL 32210904.348.5742 | Office