MANDARIN HIGH SCHOOL
SCHOOL ADVISORY COUNCIL
The responsibility of the school advisory council is:
provide parents, stakeholders, faculty, staff, and students an
opportunity to participate in the development of educational priorities,
assessment of a school’s needs, and identification of local resources.
The functions of school advisory councils are:
- To assist in the preparation and evaluation of the school improvement plan.
- To assist in the preparation of the school budget.
- To assist in the completion of the Mid-Year Stakeholder Assessment.
- To assist in the preparation of the academic midyear reflection and review process.
Other broad functions of the school advisory councils:
- To participate in planning and monitoring of school buildings and grounds.
- To initiate activities or programs that generate greater cooperation between the community and the school.
- To assist in the development of educational goals and objectives.
- To review and provide input on curriculum issues.
- To recommend various support services and resources.
review the impact of property development and zoning changes in the
vicinity of the school as they relate to the safety, welfare and
educational opportunities of the students.
- To perform any such functions as are prescribed by regulations of the school board.
- To perform other functions as requested by the principal.