AVID- Advancement Via Individual Determination
- AVID is a college preparatory system that prepares students in the academic middle for success in a four-year college.
- AVID is an evidence-based college-readiness system that is dedicated to educating the "whole" student through collaborative efforts.
- Students enroll in advanced classes and attend an in-school academic elective (AVID elective) for support.
- The writing and inquiry-based curriculum allow students to become highly effective in rigorous classes through the use of Cornell Notes, higher-order questioning, organizational tools, and good study habits.
- Students interested in AVID must have average to high test scores and the desire to be successful in all classes.