Certification Criteria for the Minority/Women Business Enterprise Program
- Employs 200 or fewer permanent full-time employees and that, together with its affiliates, has a net worth of not more than $5 million. For Sole proprietorships, the $5 million net worth requirement shall include both personal and business investments.
- It is owned and controlled by at least fifty-one percent (51%) by a minority person/s who are members of an insular group that is of a specific racial, ethnic, or gender makeup or national origin which has been subjected historically to disparate treatment due to identification in and with that group resulting in an underrepresentation of commercial enterprises under the group’s control, and whose management and daily operations are controlled by such persons. A minority business enterprise may primarily involve the practice of a profession.
- It has its principal place of business in Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau, or St. Johns County for at least one (1) year preceding the application.
- The business has an occupational license and all required professional license and/ or contractor qualifier licenses
- The majority owner (s) of the business must have the required professional license(s) and contractor qualification license