• Student Records

    Welcome to the Student Records Office. We have student records dating back to 1918. Records include transcripts and verification of graduation. These can be requested by former students, colleges and universities, and community, state, and federal agencies. 


    How to Request Records

    There are two ways: 

    1. Online - Use the online ScribOrder-Student Records System. There is a fee with this service (see below). Clients typically receive orders within 3-4 days by mail, but processing can take up to 15 days for older records. 

    2. Contact the School - This option is for individuals who are currently attending a DCPS school or attended a DCPS school from present to 2018. These individuals can contact their last school of attendance to obtain a copy of their school transcript/records.


    Types of Records

    Request for records fall into three (3) general categories/document types:

    1. High School Transcripts for former students wishing to continue their education or needing educational confirmation for employment. The transcript contains course work and GPA for grades 9 through 12. Immunization records and birth certificates can be requested in the special instruction section of the ScribOrder form. (NOTE: Immunizations and birth certificates may not be available for all records).

    2. Verification of Graduation / Employment Verification is an email that provides prospective employers with verification of graduation date. The email will be sent to the email address that is provided on the order form.

    3. Complete School Record provides information from K-12.
      1. Verification of personal identifying information (i.e. birth, parentage)
      2. Residence, scholastic and attendance information used by the courts, rehabilitative programs, military recruits,  parole and probation (county, state and federal), Social Security, inheritance and other personal interest reasons
      3. Exceptional Student Education (ESE) records (IEPs, psychoeducational, and staffing forms) are included, when applicable

    *Responses to Subpoenas that require information used by courts, parole and probation requires a signed released form to be uploaded and submitted.

    The fee scale posted below applies to records requests submitted through the online system. Students needing records from 2018 to present should reach out to their last school of attendance to obtain copies of transcript. A minimum fee may apply.


    Cost of Records

    Document Type

    Student/Alumni Fee

    Corporate/University/Other Fee

    High School Transcript/Immunization/Birth Certificate



    Verification of Graduation/Employment Verification



    Complete School Record



    Responses to Subpoenas



     + $4.00 Processing Fee Per Order


    Additional Information 

    • Verification of records - These can be obtained by contacting the Florida Department of Education, www.fldoe.org, or by phone: 850.245.0449
    • Replacement diplomas -  Replacement diplomas are only available through Herff Jones.  Herff Jones can be reached by Phone:904.363.1905. PLEASE NOTE:  There is a $40.00 fee for replacement diplomas. You must first request a high school transcript from the Duval County Records office prior to submitting an application to Herff Jones for a replacement diploma.
    • Closed private schools - The District Records Office also has records for closed (defunct) private schools that surrendered their student records to the district for permanent record retention.  Defunct private schools are defined as any private school that:
      • Has terminated the operation of an education or training program
      • Has no students in attendance
      • Dissolved as a business entity

Rights of Parents & Students

  • What is FERPA?

  • What is an education record?

  • What rights do parents and eligible students have regarding education records?

  • What is required to inspect the student's record?

  • Who, other than parents and eligible students, may access education records?

  • Disclosure of Directory Information

  • What if a parent does not want the student's directory information disclosed?

  • What third parties may access the student's education record without prior consent?

  • How are parents/eligible students informed of their rights?

  • Filing a Complaint

  • District Records Department
    1701 Prudential Drive
    4th Floor, Room 434
    Jacksonville, FL 32207
    Hours of Operation:
    Monday through Friday
    7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
    To Request Records online: