The Parent Academy is always looking for Parent Leaders!!!
The Role of a Parent LeaderThe distinguished role of the Parent Leader is to assist Parent Academy staff with the successful implementation of the Parent Academy initiative. Parent Leaders may be utilized to facilitate and/or monitor Parent Academy courses as well as volunteer to represent and participate in events held throughout the school year. Parent Leaders are individuals (parents, caregivers, and community members) who have gained knowledge or have expertise in one or more areas of course-topics offered.
RequirementsThe requirements are simple. Parent Leaders must demonstrate leadership capabilities, a desire to strengthen student achievement and parent engagement,and meet the following course-criteria (at a minimum):
Parents Who LeadThis program is designed to support parents in taking their leadership to the next level. Participants will focus on civic engagement, which allows them to advocate on behalf of all children. Participants will learn:
- Complete two (2) courses in the Student Achievement strand
- Complete three (3) courses in the Parenting & Advocacy strand
- Complete one (1) course in the Personal & Individual Growth strand
- how to use their voice in advocacy efforts,
- how to create partnerships, and
- how to understand budgets of govenment institutions.
To apply for this program, visit www.jaxpef.org today!