Patrols and TechnoCats-Students of Service
The position of Student of Service affords many valuable lessons in good citizenship and leadership. Through service, the members become more self-reliant, learn to act quickly and efficiently in an emergency, develop a wholesome regard for the safety of others, and become community conscious for themselves. In order to keep the respect of others, they must realize the necessity of always doing the right thing, even when off duty.Please note that this is a full year commitment. Since we rely on the work of the Students of Service to assist in school wide safety, attendance and timeliness are essential qualities for this commitment. A Student of Service is required to wear the school uniform at all times and the SOS uniform on Fridays and on special occasions. The uniform consists of a plain blue polo shirt, khaki bottoms and their SOS belt.
Duties hours are:
Patrols 7:50-8:25 am and 2:35– 3:10 pm
TechnoCats 7:45 – 8:25 am.
Please refer to the Safety Patrol and TechnoCat guidelines provided during Orientation for additional expectations, routines, and polocies for possible demerits/dismissal.Attention Current Fourth Graders:In order to be considered eligible to receive an application for Student of Service you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a fourth grader in good standing at the end of the third nine weeks
- GPA of 3.0 by the end of the third nine weeks (no grade lower than C). Not to drop below 3.0 during the 4th nine weeks or anytime during the 5th grade year.
- Conduct grade of A on the report card for the entire 4th and 5th grade year
- Recommendation of teachers
- Less than 10 unexcused absences and/or tardies during the entire fourth grade year.
- Acceptable rating on persuasive essay