ADDING A SUBJECT AREA OR ENDORSEMENT TO YOUR TEMPORARY CERTIFICATE
- If you hold a Temporary Certificate, you must apply for an addition of a subject area or endorsement online with FLDOE at the following link: http://fldoe.org/teaching/certification
- NOTE: The only exceptions are endorsements earned through district inservice credit. The endorsements include Reading, Gifted, and English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). These must be added by submitting an application through the DCPS Certification Office.
- You must:
- Submit a completed application and $75.00 processing fee.
- Meet subject specialization in the subject you wish to add. This is accomplished with a passing score on the appropriate subject area exam or college credit for endorsements.
ADDING A SUBJECT AREA OR ENDORSEMENT TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE
- The FLDOE will issue you a Statement of Status of Eligibility (SOE) for the new subject. This SOE provides you with a customized list of requirements necessary to add the subject (if requirements are not completed when you apply) and obtain a Professional Certificate in the new subject.
- Only non-graduate level subjects obtainable by exam and endorsements completed through district inservice (Reading, ESOL, or Gifted) may be added by applying through DCPS Certification Office. All other additions must be added by applying through the FLDOE at http://fldoe.org/teaching/certification
you are employed by a school district in Florida, public or charter school, you
must complete a district application form for the addition of a subject area or
endorsement and submit it to the DCPS Certification Office. The application for addition may be
downloaded here. *Addition Application
- You must:
- Submit a completed application and $75.00 processing fee (check or money order made payable to Duval County Public Schools).
a score report with passing scores on the appropriate subject area examination OR
certificates of completion of all five courses required for the appropriate
endorsement to the DCPS Certification Office.