Magnet/Special Transfer Option Applications

  • Parents who are new to DCPS may register their students for school by completing an on-line form.  Please note that once you have completed on on-line form a student ID number will be assigned to your student.  Please write this student Id number down, as it will not be shared with you via email.  We encourage all of our families to visit their attendance area school prior to visiting the Office of School Choice.


    Parents who wish to cancel a magnet assignment, special transfer option assignment or charter assignment will now need to submit a Request to Return to Attendance Area School Form. This form must be completely filled out by the parent/guardian.  Once the form is completed, the parent/guardian may submit the form to the School Choice Office in person or by fax.  The student is not to be withdrawn from the school until the application is approved and processed.