BASKETBALL – BOYS & GIRLS
1. See the Dates of Athletic Contests Schedule for practice start and game dates.
2. No regular season game shall be scheduled after the last week in February.3. All official timers and scorers should be adults.
4. Both boys and girls quarters will be 6minutes in length.
5. Band regulations: An adult band director must accompany a limited number of band members, not to exceed ten (10) from each school.
6. Mercy Rule - 25 pts = Running Clock. If at any point in the 2nd half a team is ahead by 25 or more points a running clock will begin for the remainder of the game. This rule begins with the beginning of the 2nd half.
A. If there is a tie(s) for 1st place in the standings, then the results of the in-season head-to-head competition shall be used to break that tie. If the tied teams split the in-season head-to-head competition, proceed to B below.
B. One game playoff
C. The team with the best overall record will host the playoff game. If the overall record is tied a coin flip will determine the host.
Teams will be seeded based on record for the championships. #1 vs #4, #2 vs #3. If teams are tied based on record, then a coin flip will determine the seeding. This seeding will also be used for the championship game and consolation game in regards to home team and jersey color. The Home Team will wear light and the Visitors will wear dark.