SWIMMING and DIVING – BOYS & GIRLS
1. Practice is to begin one month prior to the first meet.
2. A swimmer may enter a maximum of two (2) individual (including diving) and two (2) relay events. A school may enter up to four persons in each event in all meets.
a) An athlete must participate in a minimum of 50% of the regularly scheduled games, matches or meets before he or shecan participate in the divisional meet or match
b) There may not be a practice held on the day of a scheduled meet.
3. General Rules and Procedures: National Federation Rules shall govern the meet. The swimming chairperson’s guide shall be used to assist in the organization and administration of the meet.
4. The order of events is as follows:
200 Free Style
200 Individual Medley
100 Individual Medley
50 Free Style
25 Free Style
Diving (2 required and 2 optional)
100 Free Style
50 Back Stroke
25 Back Stroke
50 Breast Stroke
25 Breast Stroke
200 Free Relay
100 Free Relay
5. Within one week prior to the divisional meet the host school will have a meeting for seeding teams and finalizing rules to be used at the meet.
6. Swimming divisional championships will be decided by the divisional meet at the end of the season.
7. The top three finishers in each event from the swimming divisional meet will advance to the City Championship.
8. Each school will be allowed to submit only 1 team per relay event for the Divisional meet.
A. If there’s a tie(s) for first, second, or third place at the divisional meet then all the competitors in the top three tied (3) positions will advance to the City Championship.CHAMPIONSHIP RULES
The eligibility forms found on PlanetHS are the county’s designated forms to be used as per (B) 1 and 2 under Eligibility on page 8 of this handbook. Failure to submit eligibility forms by the deadlines; school will incur a $25.00 fine.