What is Early Admission?
Early admission at FSCJ is a dual enrollment program that allows students who meet specific criteria to enroll at FSCJ as full-time students during their senior year of high school. These students will simultaneously complete any remaining high school graduation requirements while also earning college credits. Students in this program complete their entire senior year at the FSCJ South campus and do not take any courses at the high school site. They are expected to take a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester, with a maximum allowable enrollment of 16 credit hours. Early Admission students may continue to participate in after-school extracurricular activities such as sports and clubs, but may not participate in programs such as AVID, which require participation in an on-campus class at Sandalwood. Students participating in early admission also will not be eligible for consideration as valedictorian or salutatorian of their graduating class.
This sounds like something I want to do. How do I become eligible?
For early admission, students must meet the following eligibility requirements by May 1st of their junior year of high school:
- Minimum 3.5 unweighted high school GPA.
- Enrolled in a DCPS high school by November 1st of their junior year, and has maintained continuous enrollment.
- If any FSCJ dual enrollment courses have been previously completed, college GPA must be ≥ 2.
- Earned passing scores on state assessment in reading for high school graduation.
- Earned passing scores on state assessment in math for high school graduation.
- Earned college-ready test scores in reading, writing, and math on either PERT, ACT, or SAT. Please review the FSCJ dual enrollment eligibility requirements sheet for the current score requirements.
- Must be on track to earn the following 12 high school graduation required credits by the end of semester 2 in June 2018: 3 English, 3 Mathematics, 3 Science, 1 HOPE, 1 World History, and 1 social studies from the following graduation required courses: American History (1 credit), Economics (1/2 credit), American government (1/2 credit)
- Applicants may not enroll in courses at the high school, DVIA, or FLVS.
- Must complete the early admission checklist with counselor and parent, and submit a correctly completed FSCJ dual enrollment program application with parent/student contract of understanding to the student’s counselor by May 1st of their junior year.
Great, I’m eligible! Now what?
- Contact Ms. Solliday in the school counseling office for more information.
- 904.646.5100 ext. 1237999925