Visual Arts Audition Requirements
What to Bring: Portfolio containing a minimum of three works of art
- 1 original self-portrait with hat using a mirror; including head, neck, and shoulder from direct observation - not from a photo; completed on your own time (non-class assignment); any medium; completed within the last month.
- 2nd and 3rd pieces should be art work from class assignments; any medium; completed within the last year. Suggested subjects are figure drawings, cityscapes, perspective drawings, and still life drawings.
What will happen:
- You will be asked to do a pencil drawing on 18" x 24" paper from a still life in the audition classroom.
- You will be interviewed by an auditioner. The interview will include a discussion of your work. You may be asked to explain assignment instructions, materials, art processes, and the strengths and weaknesses of the piece.
- You will be asked to write a one-page critique that includes 3 paragraphs, describing, analyzing, and interpreting a reproduction of an artwork.