Vocal Music Audition Requirements
Vocal applicants shall sing one of the following selections:
- Shenandoah (Shenandoah.pdf)
- My Country ‘Tis of Thee (My Country Tis of Thee.pdf)
- To The Sky (choose the option best for you)
- Low (To The Sky - Low.pdf)
- High - best for changing voices (To The Sky - High.pdf)
- Amazing Grace (Amazing Grace.pdf)
- America The Beautiful (America The Beautiful.pdf)
All auditions should be performed from memory. The applicant may bring his/her own accompanist, or the school will provide one. Applicants may not sing a cappella.
In addition to the audition selection, applicants should be prepared to perform and show skills in the following:
- A vocalise/warm-up [as directed by the vocal faculty]
- Tonal Recall [singing back on ‘la’ or ‘doo’ three to six random pitches as played by the vocal faculty]
- Sight Reading—performing random 8-measure selections of rhythmic and/or melodic examples on either solfege [do-re-mi], numbers [1-2-3], or a neutral syllable [‘la’ or ‘doo’] once key center and tempo have been established. Applicants will have approximately 30 seconds to study prior to performing.