School Counseling Resources & LinksGeneral Information:Dual Enrollment:
Senior Information:Scholarship / Financial Aid Information:
- College campus dual enrollment opportunities are available for those interested in taking EXTRA courses outside of the traditional school day. There is a REQUIRED Mandatory Orientation. (See the Fall 2023 FSCJ College Campus Interest Flier for more information.)
- Note: Douglas Anderson is a magnet school, and does not allow students to modify their schedules to attend off-campus courses. If you desire a more intensive Dual Enrollment experience, such as Early Admissions, you must go to your neighborhood school as a student.
- Bright Futures: Bright Futures Website
- Financial Aid Senior Checklist
- Scholarship Information can be found on our Counselor Corner Blog
- Financial Aid Overview - Financial Aid Step-by-Step Presentation (also available in Spanish)
- FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Starting Oct. 1st, complete and submit your FAFSA form. along with any other financial aid applications your chosen school(s) may require. You should submit your FAFSA form by the earliest financial aid deadline of the schools to which you are applying, usually by early February.
- To estimate your eligibility for federal student aid. Visit the https://studentaid.gov/aid-estimator/ to get more information on the your EFC - Expected Family Contribution -the amount of federal student aid you are eligible to receive
- FAFSA Checklist
- 22-23 fafsa
- 23-24 fafsa worksheet
Community Service Resources:
- FAFSA Video Presentation: In this video, Bill Spiers, the Director of Financial Aid for Tallahassee Community College reviews instructions on completing the FAFSA. These instructions include questions parents, students, and educators may encounter while completing the application. He also provides updates and best practices for financing post-secondary options.
- DCPS BEACON Financial Aid Video: In this video Wendy Dunlap, Director of School Counseling & Acceperation Programs reviews tips and resources that will assist you with getting the money needed for college, vocational school, trade school, or any other post-secondary program.
- DCPS Community Service & Paid Work Hours Guidelines - rev. 11/2022
- Virtual Community Service
- Community Service Important Points - rev. 9/30/23
- Community Service Verification Form 2023-2024
- Paid Work Hours Log
- Community Service Plan
Testing Prep Information:
- High School Planning Checklist
- District Resources
- College Ready Milestones
- Extracurricular Activities Worksheet
- Counselor Brag Sheet
- Parent Brag Sheet
- Teacher Brag Sheet
- 2023-2024 ACT/SAT Test Dates (DA’s School Code is 100791)
- 2023-2024 ACT / SAT Fee Waiver Eligibility Verification Form
- The College Board (SAT, PSAT, and AP) – www.collegeboard.com
- ACT – www.act.org
- BEST Saturday Test Prep Academy – (904) 354-1464 – BEST Flyer
- Keiser University - SAT / ACT Test Prep
- For SAT or ACT Test Prep information, contact:
- UNF – 620-4200
- FSCJ – 354-1464
- DCPS – Community Education – 858-6080
- PERT Student Study Guide
- Number2.com's online test preparation courses are totally free! By creating an account you can access a customized course that includes user-friendly tutorials, practice sessions that dynamically adapt to each student's ability level, a vocabulary builder, and more.
- Majortests.com provides practice tests and resources for high school, college and graduate tests.
- Each year, the College Board helps more than seven million students prepare for a successful transition to college through programs and services in college readiness and college success — including the SAT.
- How well young men and women do on standardized tests can have a great impact on their future. March 2 Success was developed as a free, no obligation tool to help anyone improve their test scores in the areas of English, Math, and Science. If you're a current or recently-graduated high school student who wants to learn more about March 2 Success, click on the STUDENT button in the menu bar, or click Register in the upper right corner to get started. March 2 Success provides materials needed to help improve scores on standardized tests such as state exit exams, SAT, ACT, and ASVAB