School Counseling Resources & LinksGeneral Information:Senior Information:Scholarship / Financial Aid Information:
- Financial Aid Senior Checklist
- Scholarship Information can be found on our Counselor Corner Blog
- Financial Aid Overview - Financial Aid Step-by-Step Presentation (also available in Spanish)
- FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Starting Oct. 1st, complete and submit your FAFSA form. along with any other financial aid applications your chosen school(s) may require. You should submit your FAFSA form by the earliest financial aid deadline of the schools to which you are applying, usually by early February.
- To estimate your eligibility for federal student aid. Visit the FAFSA4caster https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/estimate or
https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/next-steps/how-calculated to get more information on the your EFC - Expected Family Contribution -the amount of federal student aid you are eligible to receive
- FAFSA Checklist
- 21-22 fafsa
- 21-22 fafsa worksheet
Financial Aid / FAFSA Presentation:
- FAFSA Video Presentation: In this video, Bill Spiers, the Director of Financial Aid for Tallahassee Community College reviews instructions on completing the FAFSA. These instructions include questions parents, students, and educators may encounter while completing the application. He also provides updates and best practices for financing post-secondary options.
- DCPS BEACON Financial Aid Video: In this video Wendy Dunlap, Director of School Counseling & Acceperation Programs reviews tips and resources that will assist you with getting the money needed for college, vocational school, trade school, or any other post-secondary program.
Community Service Resources:
- Bright Futures website
- Bright Futures Informational Sheet 2020
- Bright Futures Step by Step Instructions 2020
- DCPS Community Service Guidelines
- Virtual Community Service
- Community Service Important Points
- Community Service Validation Form 2021-2022
- Community Service Plan
Testing Prep Information:
- High School Planning Checklist
- District Resources
- College Ready Milestones
- Extracurricular Activities Worksheet
- Counselor Brag Sheet
- Parent Brag Sheet
- Teacher Brag Sheet
- 2021-2022 ACT/SAT TEST DATES (DA’s School Code is 100791)
- The College Board (SAT, PSAT, and AP) – www.collegeboard.com
- ACT – www.act.org
- BEST Saturday Test Prep Academy – (904) 354-1464 – BEST Flyer, BEST Registration Form , BEST Schedule
- For SAT or ACT Test Prep information, contact:
- UNF – 620-4200 or www.unftestprep.com
- FSCJ – 354-1464
- DCPS – Community Education – 858-6080
- PERT Student Study Guide
- Number2.com's online test preparation courses are totally free! By creating an account you can access a customized course that includes user-friendly tutorials, practice sessions that dynamically adapt to each student's ability level, a vocabulary builder, and more.
- Majortests.com provides practice tests and resources for high school, college and graduate tests.
- Each year, the College Board helps more than seven million students prepare for a successful transition to college through programs and services in college readiness and college success — including the SAT.
- How well young men and women do on standardized tests can have a great impact on their future. March 2 Success was developed as a free, no obligation tool to help anyone improve their test scores in the areas of English, Math, and Science. If you're a current or recently-graduated high school student who wants to learn more about March 2 Success, click on the STUDENT button in the menu bar, or click Register in the upper right corner to get started. March 2 Success provides materials needed to help improve scores on standardized tests such as state exit exams, SAT, ACT, and ASVAB