ACCESS for ELLs is an English language proficiency test that measures students’ academic English language skills.
ACCESS for ELLs must be administered to all ELLs during the yearly testing window, which typically takes place from late January through late March.
- Testing Window: January 25, 2021 - March 19, 2021 (Please note that this window includes Spring Break and President's Day).
- Visit https://wida.wisc.edu/memberships/consortium/fl for Florida-specific information and resources related to ELL assessment, including the ACCESS for ELLs Checklist, where you can find each step in the testing process from beginning to end. If you have been asked to complete WIDA online training activities but do not believe you have a login, please contact your District or School Assessment Coordinator.
For the Spring 2021 administration, the following assessments will be used to satisfy state and federal requirements for the annual assessment of the English language proficiency of English language learners (ELLs):
- Kindergarten ACCESS for ELLs, a paper-based assessment for Kindergarten
- ACCESS for ELLs Paper, a paper-based assessment for Grades 1 through 12
- Alternate ACCESS for ELLs, a paper-based assessment for ELLs in Grades 1 through 12 who have significant cognitive disabilities
It is very important to maintain test security and follow procedures at all times to ensure students scores are not invalidated due to a test administration irregularity.