Visit the Pablo Creek Library Website for News and Events:
Here’s an update from the Jacksonville Public Library:
- On-Demand Virtual Activities
- Each week, the library will release on-demand learning activities intended to get families to engage with the weekly program theme and explore the collection with fun, hands-on activities. There will be articles and videos released that connect with each theme, and can offer learning opportunities to family who cannot join the program.
- Little Learners: These articles will follow the Read, Explore, Sing, and Keep Reading format. Examples of activities can be found here: https://jaxpubliclibrary.org/little-learners/little-learners-birth-age-4-fruits-veggies
- Junior Scholars (K-5th): These articles will follow the Read, Explore, Play, and Keep Reading format. The Junior Scholars activities will direct customers to pick-up Art Kits from the library. Examples of activities can be found here: https://jaxpubliclibrary.org/junior-scholars/junior-scholars-k-5th-grade-dino-discovery
- After each on-demand activity will be able to take a short survey form to enter to win a prize.
- Summer Reading Challenge
- Readers are encouraged to track every day that they read for at least 15 minutes. For every 15 days they read, youth (ages birth to 17) will earn 1 free book, for a total of 4 during the program. Print book trackers will be available at each branch, and paperless book trackers will be available online.
- Early Childhood Summer Programs
- In addition to our virtual programs, the library will work with the parks department to begin offering Storytime programming at select outdoor locations across the city. The library will partner with City parks to offer 2 Storytime events weekly and a special event in June for Pride Month.
- Storytime at the Park: Library staff will present a modified storytime featuring opening and closing activities, sharing of books, and a variety of music and movement activities. (ages birth to 4). These storytimes will take place on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays at 10AM.
- Rainbow Family Storytime: In celebration of Pride Month, JPL will offer a storytime. This storytime will be on Saturday, June TBD at WIllowbranch Park.
- Middle Childhood Summer Programs
- JPL Presents: The library will partner with City parks to offer family events four times throughout the summer. These programs will feature entertainers such as musicians, magicians, and puppeteers to will expose children to a variety of experiences that will increase background knowledge. Participants will be encouraged to continue exploring each topic through books at the end of the program. These will be held on Fridays June 11 and 25, July 9 and 23 at 11 AM at Klutho Park.
- Story Journeys (ages 5-12): The library will also be offering limited in-branch middle childhood programming. Library staff will read a book and lead youth games and enrichment activities that support the book.
- Mondays at 10 AM @ Highlands Library
- Tuesdays at 10 AM @ Webb Wesconnett Library
- Wednesdays at 10 AM @ Southeast Library
- Thursdays at 10 AM @ Main Library
- Fridays at 10 AM @ Pablo Creek Library
David Humphries, Library Associate
Pablo Creek Regional Library
13295 Beach Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32246
O: (904) 992-7101