Steps to Certification:
1. Send an official transcript (Bachelor's degree) to the Department of Education (DOE)
2. Register for a subject area exam in the area in which you would like to teach
3. After you have passed the appropriate subject area exam, apply to the DOE for a 3 year temporary certificate ($75)
4. You will receive a Statement of Status of Eligibility from the DOE. Please be sure to file that Statement as it is part of the application for the Alternative Certification Program.
5. Apply to Duval County Public Schools for a teaching position