SCHOOL SAFETY ASSISTANT
Your career starts here. Duval County Public Schools is looking for specially qualified people to keep our schools safe as a School Safety Assistant with the Duval County School Police Department.
The School Safety Assistant (SSA) maintains calm, deters crime, and ensures the safety, security, and welfare of all students, faculty, staff, and visitors in the assigned school.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a high school diploma (or equivalency)
- Read, write, speak, and understand standard English
- Must have or be able to obtain a State of Florida (F.S.S. 790.06, Florida State Statutes) concealed weapons permit
- Paid Initial and Ongoing Training
- Uniform and all necessary equipment for the performance of duty are provided
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
If you have additional questions about eligibility, contact Duval County School Police Recruiting Division at (904) 858-6109 or email Foster-LawrenceG@duvalschools.org. Ms. Foster-Lawrence is the initial contact in the Recruiting Division for all SSA Applicants.
Duval County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status or genetic information (and other protected classes included in the district’s Non-Discrimination Policy) in its educational programs, services or activities, or in its hiring or employment practices. The district also provides equal access to its facilities to the Boy Scouts and other patriotic youth groups, as required by the Boys Scout of America Equal Access Act.