Projects which require approval from DCPS and additional forms prior to beginning the experiment:
- Use of Humans
- Use of Vertebrate Animals
- Potentially Hazardous Biological Agents
- Hazardous Chemicals, Activities, and Devices
Projects conducted at a research institution require form 1C, and projects continuing from a previous year require form 7.
Here are the documents that you will need for Science Fair:
- Participation Form - this form needs to be completed by Sept. 7, 2018 by the Science Fair Coordinator and returned to a Secondary Science Specialist.
- HS Timeline - a suggested set of calendar dates to keep students on track with their projects.
- Project Handbook - optional information about projects that you may wish to use with your students.
- Abstract Form - each student should complete the abstract and attach it to their project boards. This form may not be saved, but can be printed upon completion, so save the body of the abstract as a separate document. Abstracts should be submitted to a Specialist by Monday, November 30, 2018.
- ISEF Forms - all ISEF forms (https://sspcdn.blob.core.windows.net/files/Documents/SEP/ISEF/2019/Forms/All.pdf); each student should complete the Student Checklist (1A), a Research Plan, and Approval From (1B) prior to beginning their project in order to be eligible for State or International Fair competition. See the list on the left for additional form information.
- ISEF Rules Book - a link to complete information on ISEF (International Science and Engineering Fair) guidelines. https://sspcdn.blob.core.windows.net/files/Documents/SEP/ISEF/2019/Rules/Book.pdf
Fill in Abstract DCPS Science Fair Handbook 2018-2019 HS timeline School Participation form