Private School Consultation
In preparation for the 2019-2020 school year, a Federal Programs Private School Consultative Meeting was held Friday, January 11, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the Schultz Center for Teaching and Leadership. The purpose of this meeting was to consult and provide information about Title I, Part A; Title II, Part A; and Title IV, Part A. Private schools received program overviews, information concerning the 2019-2020 projected allocations, participation requirements, and participation forms. Additionally, a simulation training was provided to provide foundational information and context pertaining to the purpose of the three Title programs.
Consultation Presentation - January 11, 2019
To continue preparation for the 2019-20 school year, private schools voted on a day that would work for them to consult. The day that worked for the majority of schools was Tuesday, March 5, 2019. Schools provided input on a survey and the meeting was held on the agreed on day. Below, the meeting agenda and presentation are linked. The bottom of the page includes assocaited handouts for the Title porgrams.
Consultation Presentation - March 5, 2019
Consultation and Training Presentation - April 12, 2019 and May 1, 2019
Immediate Next Steps
- ALL FEDERAL PROGRAMS
- Date Certain Data: due Friday, February 8, 2019 (This is required if the school is participating in Title II, Part A or Title IV, Part A)
- Participation Forms Due: March 28, 2019 (This is required for participation in any of the federally funded programs)
TITLE I, PART A
- Title I, Part A - Income Determination Forms - Should be in the process of being collected from parents - Due date will be April 30, 2019
- Title I, Part A - Parent Consent Forms - Will be due for all parents at the beginning of the year and at the latest by Labor Day for services to start at the beginning of the year (additional consultation will occur with information for this). These forms apply to eligible students who will be at the school for the 2019-20 school year.
- Title I, Part A - Student Referral Forms - Will be due for all students at the beginning of the school year and at the latest by Labor Day for services to start at the beginning of the year (additional consultation will occur with information for this component). These forms are completed by administrators and teachers for students who are eligible to participate in the Title I program and will attend the school for the 2019-20 school year.
- Title I, Part A - Service Delivery Plan - This form documents the mechaniocs of how services will be delivered at the school site for the 2019-20 school year. This should be compelted prior to the start of the 2019-20 school year.
TITLE II, PART A
- Title II, Part A - Authorized Use of Funds - describes the ways Title II, Part A funds can be used
- Title II, Part A: School Level Plan Due Date: May 31, 2019 - this date is contingent upon preliminary data being provided from FDOE.
TITLE IV, PART A
- Title IV, Part A - Description of grant project
- Title IV, Part A: School Level Plan Due Date UPDATED: MAY 31, 2019. Previously, the date was July 31. FDOE provided data in April. The new grant period will be July 31, 2019 through July 31, 2020.