MySchoolBucks logo Prepayments to your child’s meal account can be made conveniently via debit or credit card through MySchoolBucks.com. Payment can also be received by the food service manager in form of a check or cash at the student’s school. If a check is used, please indicate the student’s name and student ID number on the check in the memo section. Please place the check in an envelope clearly marked with your student's name, their student ID number, their teacher's name, and the amount enclosed. Turn in prepaid deposits to the cafeteria cashier(s) or school office.

    Any funds left in a student’s account at the end of the school year will roll over into the new school year as long as your student remains enrolled in Duval County Public Schools.

    If you would like to request a refund of the balance in a student's DCPS meal account, you have the following options:

    1. Contact the DCPS Food Service Department via email at foodservice@duvalschools.org. In the email, please provide the following information:
      • Student's name
      • Student ID # or date of birth
      • School attended
      • Name the refund check should be made payable to (The payee must be a parent/guardian listed in the DCPS Student Information System at the time the refund is requested.)
      • The mailing address the check should be sent to
    2. Download the Prepayment Refund form and submit it via email to foodservice@duvalschools.org or fax it to (904) 732-5157.
    3. Visit your student’s school cafeteria and request the prepayment refund form, complete it and return it to the cafeteria manager, email it to foodservice@duvalschools.org or fax to (904) 732-5157.


    • If you are using MySchoolBucks to fund your student's account, please remember to disable the "automatic" feature before requesting a refund to prevent future drafts if you are using MySchoolBucks.com to fund your student's account.
    • All refunds must be received in writing.
    • Refunds cannot be issued to a person not listed as a parent/guardian in the DCPS SIS without proof of funding.
    • Please allow 2-3 weeks for the refund check to be received via postal mail.

    If you would like to transfer some or all of the balance of a student's account into another student's account, please submit the prepayment refund form and select the "transfer" option on the form. Please provide the amount to be transferred from one student to the other. A mailing address is not required.

    You may contact the DCPS Food Service Office if you have any questions or require additional assistance at (904) 732-5145.