Duval County and Regional Spelling Bee Information
It’s time to start thinking about your school’s plans to participate in the Duval County and 76th First Coast Regional Spelling Bee! Students in grades 5-8 may be eligible to compete in the county and regional competitions. To ensure your school is represented, please follow the steps below:
1. Review the speller qualifications on the document below, keeping in mind the regional requirement that the minimum grade level of a qualifying speller is fifth grade.
2. Enroll with Scripps National Spelling Bee by October 15th:
Visit the Scripps website at www.spellingbee.com to enroll your school. The fees and schedule for this year are as follows:
- $165 for schools from May 1, 2019, through October 15, 2019
- $240 for schools from October 16, 2019, through December 20, 2019
- $115 for individual home school families from May 1, 2019, through October 15, 2019
- $190 for individual home school families from October 16, 2019, through December 20, 2019
Please note that credit cards are the preferred method of payment. Schools that utilize Scripps’ pay-by-check option will incur additional fees and a delay in access to preparation materials. After the enrollment fee is paid, schools will receive exclusive online access to the 2020 Classroom Pronouncer Guide, the 2020 School Pronouncer Guide, study materials, and more.
3. Register with the Duval County Spelling Bee Coordinator by October 15th:
Please complete the district registration form http://bit.ly/DCPSspelling2019 to notify the DCPS spelling bee coordinator of your decision for participation in the 2020 Duval County spelling bee. This will ensure you receive all pertinent communication related to spelling bee processes and deadlines, as your registration with Scripps is not communicated to the district coordinator.
Please direct any questions to Desiree Bolton: email@example.com or 904.348.7224