GPE-Business / Faith-Based Partnerships
School and community partnerships are supportive, collaborative efforts created to achieve mutually agreed-upon goals and activities intended to benefit students and ensure partner success. Greenland Pines encourages and supports business and community partnerships. For partners, the benefits are immediate and long-term because an effective education system provides a strong foundation for economic success in our community.
How do partnerships help students?
- They increase the resources and services available to teachers and school administrators to enhance learning experiences.
- The students get real business experience and learn skills that help them become college- and career-ready.
- Students also learn the social and emotional skills they’ll need for life after high school.
How do partnerships help businesses?
- The companies start building a relationship with the future workforce.
- They receive recognition as companies that care about their community.
- They can offer employees volunteer opportunities, which can help with retention and morale. (A survey showed that 62 percent of 18- to 26-year-olds say they would prefer to work for a company that lets them volunteer for causes they believe in.)
What do GPE business partners do?
There are many ways for organizations to partner with Greenland Pines. Here are a few examples:
- Provide classroom or assembly speakers on specific topics
- Participate on advisory boards (School Advisory Committee)
- Help with specific projects and project-based curricula
- Host field trips at their company
- Attend school events and set up expo tables
- Mentor or tutor students/student groups
- Join students in a community-service project