The Duval County Public Schools’ (DCPS) Certification Office ensures all teachers in our schools are in compliance with Florida laws regarding certification. Where required, our team reviews the credentials of all applicants and current DCPS teachers to verify their eligibility for Florida certification. Our office also provides general certification information, counseling and guidance.
Explore Our Site
Accessing the Florida Department of Education Online Licensing Service System
The Florida Department of Education launched its new Educator Certification System on November 20, 2017. ALL EDUCATORS and applicants MUST establish a new online user account for access to the Online Licensing Service system.
You will need to sign in or establish your online account with FLDOE.
**IMPORTANT: If you already have an online account with FLDOE and attempt to establish a new online user account, this will result in the creation of multiple accounts. This will require you to contact the FLDOE directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the duplicate accounts merged.**
If you do not have an online account with FLDOE, you must establish a new online user account. You will select "Begin Here for Sign-Up" at the following link: https://flcertify.fldoe.org/datamart/mainMenu.do
- Click Begin Here for Sign-up to create a new online user account and retrieve your temporary password sent via email.
- Enter your User ID and password then click Sign In to access this secure site.
- Once successfully signed in, educators will be prompted to complete an Initial Onboarding process to match your account to existing Florida certification records. Your social security number and date of birth are required to complete the onboarding process.
- The Quick Start Menu provides you a choice of options available based on your current Florida certification record.
- For new applicants, you may Start a New Application for the available Florida certifications issued via the Bureau of Educator Certification:
- Evaluation of eligibility for Educator Certification
- Evaluation of eligibility for Athletic Coaching Certification
- Evaluation of eligibility for Speech Language Impaired Certification
- Evaluation of eligibility for Exchange Teacher Certification
If you already have an online account with FLDOE, sign in to your online account at the following link: https://flcertify.fldoe.org/datamart/mainMenu.do
If you already have an online account with FLDOE, but forgot your password and/or user ID, you will select "Forgot Password and/or Forgot user ID" at the following link: https://flcertify.fldoe.org/datamart/mainMenu.do
- If you are a certified educator, you may choose an application option to Manage your license information, including:
- Upgrade from a Temporary to a Professional Educator's Certificate Addition of a subject or endorsement to your valid Florida Educator’s Certificate
- Reinstatement of your expired Florida Professional Educator’s Certificate
- When It is Time to Renew!, an application for Renewal of your Florida Professional Educator’s Certificate will automatically be opened for you which must be submitted before your certificate expires
For questions, you must contact FLDOE at 1-800-445-6739
Important: Pay Attention to EmailsPeriodic emails are sent from the DCPS Certification Office. It is imperative that you read and follow all instructions. Failure to follow instructions could jeopardize your employment and Florida Educator Certificate.Seek Information Only From the Experts
Do not seek or accept certification information or guidance from persons other than those representatives within the DCPS Certification Office and the Florida Department of Education's Bureau of Educator Certification Office. Authorization to interpret certification rules and laws has been given by the Bureau of Educator Certification to Certification Administrators from Duval County Public Schools.
Maintaining Your Certificate
A Florida Educator Certificate is a professional license to teach. It is each educator's responsibility to comply with Florida Statutes governing educator certification. Each Florida school district has trained certification specialists in their personnel office. If you are seeking employment with DCPS, our certification staff can assist you with certification information.
Certification Office1701 Prudential DriveJacksonville, Florida 32207Phone Number: (904) 390-2376Fax Number: (904) 390-2365Email: DCPSCertificationOffice@duvalschools.orgOffice Hours: Monday - Friday8:00am - 4:30pm