The Duval County Public Schools’ (DCPS) Certification Office ensures all teachers in our schools are in compliance with Florida laws regarding certification. Where required, our team reviews the credentials of all applicants and current DCPS teachers to verify their eligibility for Florida certification. Our office also provides general certification information, counseling and guidance.
Important Florida Educator Certification Changes
The Florida Department of Education launched its new Educator Certification System on November 20, 2017. ALL EDUCATORS and applicants MUST establish a new online user account for access to the Online Licensing Service system. This system will allow you to complete the following actions:
- Submit your Application for Educator Certification in Florida
- Access current information about your Florida certification record
- Update your legal name and/or address in your Florida certification record
- Make payment for any unpaid fee balance using your major credit card.
You must establish a new online user account at the following link: Click here.
- Click Begin Here for Sign-up to create a new online user account and retrieve your temporary password sent via email.
- Enter your User ID and password then click Sign In to access this secure site.
- Once successfully signed in, educators will be prompted to complete an Initial Onboarding process to match your account to existing Florida certification records. Your social security number and date of birth are required to complete the onboarding process.
- The Quick Start Menu provides you a choice of options available based on your current Florida certification record.
For questions, you must contact FLDOE at 1.800.445.6739
Important: Pay Attention to Emails
Periodic emails are sent from the DCPS Certification Office. It is imperative that you read and follow all instructions. Failure to follow instructions could jeopardize your employment and Florida Educator Certificate.
Seek Information Only From the Experts
Do not seek or accept certification information or guidance from persons other than those representatives within the DCPS Certification Office and the Florida Department of Education's Bureau of Educator Certification Office. Authorization to interpret certification rules and laws has been given by the Bureau of Educator Certification to Certification Administrators from Duval County Public Schools.
Maintaining Your Certificate
A Florida Educator Certificate is a professional license to teach. It is each educator's responsibility to comply with Florida Statutes governing educator certification. Each Florida school district has trained certification specialists in their personnel office. If you are seeking employment with DCPS, our certification staff can assist you with certification information.
Explore Our Site
Certification Office1701 Prudential DriveJacksonville, Florida 32207Phone Number: (904) 390-2376Fax Number: (904) 390-2365Email: DCPSCertificationOffice@duvalschools.orgOffice Hours: Monday - Friday8:00am - 4:30pm