We are pleased to offer many great benefits to our new employees. Your benefits are a valuable part of you
Full-Time Salaried Employees: Any full-time salaried employee of Duval County Public Schools.
• New Hire Waiting Period: Newly-eligible employees’ benefits become effective the first of the month following the first scheduled payroll in which benefit deductions are taken.
Free Employee Benefits
• DCPS Board-paid medical insurance depending on which medical plan you choose (see medical insurance section)
• $10,000 Group Term Basic Life insurance
• $250 Flex Dollars to defray the cost of voluntary pretax benefits, excluding life insurance. ($12.50 per pay for 20 deduct employees and $10.42 per pay for 24 deduct employees)
• An employee assistance program available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
• District Employee Wellness Program and a Personal Health Advocate Additional
• Based upon your Bargaining Union or Non-Bargaining Group representation, the following medical options are available for you to choose from: DCPS Non-Contributory Plan (low deductible), DCPS Contributory Plan (no innetwork deductible, DCPS High Deductible Health Plan (high deductible) and High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with Health Savings Account (HSA)
• You may choose between a prepaid plan that features no deductible and low out-of-pocket costs for your basic dental care as long as you use a dentist from the provider listing or a PPO plan that allows you the flexibility of choosing an innetwork or out-of-network dentist at the time of service.
• The vision plan offers comprehensive benefits ensuring low out-of-pocket cost to members and their families. It features network of providers to service your eye-care needs with only a modest copayment
Flexible Spending Accounts
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) let you pay for eligible expenses with tax-free money. You contribute to an FSA with pretax money from your paycheck. This, in turn, may help lower your taxable income. Duval offers both a Healthcare FSA and a Dependent Care FSA.
Group Term Life/AD&D Insurance Protection
• All newly-hired employees of Duval County Public Schools are able to elect additional term life coverage during the first 31 days after becoming eligible.
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• These plans provide you with income replacement if you become disabled.
Group Voluntary Hospital Indemnity
• In case you need hospitalization for an illness or injury, this policy helps you pay out-of-pocket expenses. All benefits are paid direct to insured, unless assigned.
• Long-Term Care plans help protect your assets if you require assisted living. People who require LTC services and have no insurance must pay out-of-pocket.
You may choose to opt out
• All benefit-eligible employees may elect to opt-out of medical insurance coverage. You must complete your online enrollment in the BMC Enroll System to opt-out and provide a completed Declination of Medical Coverage Affidavit. If you choose to opt-out of medical coverage, you are still eligible for all other benefits.
• By declining Medical Coverage through DCPS, you are eligible to receive a credit of up to $1,200 annualized!