Renewal for Former DCPS Employees and Retirees
- Collect documentation of appropriate renewal credit. Acceptable documentation of credit includes: SAP in-service record, ERO Transcript, TalentEd Transcript, PowerSchool Transcripts, official college transcripts, score report, completion certificates, and/or National Board Certificate copy. For additional information regarding renewal requirements, click here.
- If you wish to use appropriate DCPS in-service credit from previous employment, you must obtain documentation of the credit (in-service record or completion certificates)
- For inquiries regarding credit you have completed with DCPS, you must contact the Professional Development Office, via email at EndorsementRegistration@duvalschools.org
- NOTE: If renewing using college credit, an official college transcript cannot be scanned and uploaded, it must be submitted to the FLDOE in paper form (no electronic copies of any kind).
- Scan and save the documentation of renewal credit to your desktop or thumbdrive.
- If you have not already done so, you must establish a new online user account at the following Department of Education Certification website: http://www.fldoe.org/teaching/certification/on-line-application-status-lookup-site.stml.
- After signing into your FLDOE account, you will click "Select" next to the Renewal Application at the top of the page.
- Complete the chosen application by entering your information as requested in each of the application sections.
- During the application process, you will be prompted to choose/add a “District Affiliation.” You will need to select “100” as your district affiliation as you are neither employed by Duval County Public Schools or a Duval County Charter School.
- Additionally, you will be prompted to submit “Application Attachments.” You will need to attach your in-service record and/or certificates of completion showing you have completed the appropriate renewal credit.
- You will be requested to authorize payment for your application using your VISA or MasterCard.
- Once the application has been completed, submitted and you have attached documentation of appropriate renewal credit, you must email our office at DCPSCertificationOffice@duvalschools.org to request a CT 116 form be submitted to FLDOE verifying you have completed the appropriate renewal credit. You must include your DOE/Certificate number in the email message (located on your Florida certificate). All in-service credit must be submitted to the FLDOE, via a CT 116 form, by an authorized public school district official. Once we receive your email request, our office will then submit the CT 116 form on your behalf.
IMPORTANT: If you are requesting a name change at the time of renewal, you must upload/attach acceptable scanned documentation to your online application. Acceptable documentation includes Social Security Card, Driver’s License, Marriage License or Divorce Decree.