The mission of Stanton College Preparatory School is to develop self-directed learners in an environment of academic excellence through balanced and comprehensive curricula, rigorous academic standards, challenging assessments, access to digital technology and holistic guidance services.
Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission. Schools need to function as learning organizations and promote opportunities for all those who have a stake in the success of the school to work together as a community of learners. The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative as our school works together to enable students to become confident, self-directed, life-long learners.
Stanton College Preparatory School has a long-standing academic tradition. Teachers, students, parents, and the community have worked together to identify the following beliefs related to the school’s mission statement:
- All students can learn, and student learning is the main priority of the school.
- Students’ learning needs are the primary focus of all decisions affecting the work of the school.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of opportunities for meaningful applications of what they have learned.
- Students demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills by being actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work through critical, creative, and independent thinking.
- Well-rounded students are presented with opportunities for physical and creative as well as intellectual challenges.
- Students are fostered to become citizens who are globally aware, civically engaged, and fluent in information, media, and technology skills.
- Assessments of student learning provide students with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their achievement.
- Students, teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- Cultural diversity increases students’ understanding and awareness of different people and cultures.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- A safe environment promotes student learning.
- Students demonstrate high standards of personal and academic integrity.