Kindergarten Registration for the 2024 School Year Opens January 2024
Don't wait to enroll.
Is your child turning five years old on or before September 1?
Then it is time to enroll in Kindergarten.
Here are the simple steps to enrolling:
Step 1 - Register your child with Duval County Public Schools
Note: If your student previously attended a Duval County VPK program or received special services through Duval County Public Schools, they already have an ID. You can call the Office of School Choice to get their ID at 904-390-2082.
Step 2 - Find Your School
All students are automatically assigned a neighborhood school based on their home address. Use this School Locator to find your child's school.
If you are interested in a magnet or special transfer option school, the deadline to apply is February 28. Some schools may still have limited seats available. Learn more about open seats and how to apply.
Step 3 - Contact and Visit Your School to Enroll
You (the parent or legal guardian) will need to bring a few things with you to enroll:
- Child's birth certificate
- Proof of a physical exam
- Immunization record. For information about Florida immunization requirements, go to: https://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/immunization/
- Proof of home address - You may use:
- Two documents from List A or
- One document from List A and two documents from List B. The address must match all documents.
- Utility bill
- Deed, mortgage, or closing statement, lease agreement from a company or a private individual (private leases must be notarized)
- Drivers license or state ID
- Voter registration ID
- Current automobile insurance
- Current credit card statement
- Current property tax receipt
- Current U.S. Postal Service confirmation of address change
- Current bank account statement (block out account number)
- Current payroll statement
- Current non-cellular phone
- Current vehicle registration
Helpful Tips and Resources:
New kindergartners without a personal laptop at home are eligible for a free computer. Register for a computer, after you register your child and link your parent account to your child.
You must register for transportation. This can be completed in your linked parent account. Directions can be found on the transportation website.
Registration for After-School Care begins in mid-July.
- Office of School Choice - (904) 390-2082
- Technology Help Desk - (904) 348-5200
- Transportation - (904) 858-6200
- After-School Care - (904) 858-6080
School starts Monday, August 14, 2023. We look forward to seeing our new kindergartners.