Proof of Birth, Vaccination, Physical Examination & Other Documentation
All registrants must provide all of the following:
- Birth certificate or valid evidence of date of birth
- Florida certification of immunization or exemption
- Physical examination for all students who have never attended a Florida public or private school (physical must be no more than 12 months old at the time of the student’s enrollment)
- Most recent report card, if granted from another district
Proof of Residency Requirements
Proof of residence is required before a student is enrolled in his/her properly assigned school. For registration and subsequent enrollment, the parent or legal guardian must complete the district's student registration form and submit:
2 (two) documents from the sources listed in Column A (both sources of information must match)
1 (one) document from Column A and 2 (two) documents from Column B (all sources of information must match).
For extraordinary circumstances, please contact the District's Pupil Assignment Office/School Choice office directly for further clarification regarding other accepted official identification sources not listed below.
Column A Column B Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA) Bill or TECO Bill Automobile Insurance Mortgage Agreement (or closing statement) Credit Card Statement Lease Agreement (from a company, or *private individual) Bank Account Statement Driver’s License or State ID US Postal Service Confirmation of Address Change Current Bank Account Statement (may block out account number) Payroll Statement Current Non-cellular Phone Bill Vehicle Registration
*Private lease agreement must be notarized AND two additional documents from columns B are required.
Bona Fide Residence Process
When school is in session and a parent cannot readily produce the required documentation, the school shall ensure the student is readily enrolled following the “Bona Fide Residence” process:
- The student shall be registered in school.
- Acceptable proof of residence must be provided within 15 school days.
- If, after 15 school days, acceptable proof of residence has not been provided, the student shall be immediately withdrawn by the school and must be registered and enrolled in the appropriate boundaries school by the parent.
Inaccurate Address Information
For good cause, such as but not limited to cases where the principal/designee believes that a student’s enrollment information is inaccurate due to returned mail or reasonable suspicion that the student is not residing at the claimed address, the following procedures may be implemented at the discretion of the Principal/designee (based on sufficient resources):
- A call or a home visit may be made, or a letter may be sent to parent(s) who have conflicting address information, requesting that the parent verify and update enrollment information.
- The school staff may examine the Property Appraiser’s Website to determine the parent’s homestead (primary residence) location. The homestead address of the parent will be used as a factor to determine the student’s assigned school. A conflicting address indicates that further investigation is required.