Answers to Common Questions for the ACT/SAT
- Please make sure to upload your picture at the time of registration. If you do not upload a picture you will not be allowed to test. There are rules for what the picture must be like, please follow them or you will not be allowed to test (i.e. no hats, facing forward, no one else in the picture, etc.).
- No cell phones, smart watches, or any other electronic devices are allowed to be used during testing, including during your break! If you use an electronic device your scores will be disqualified.
- Make sure to bring the appropriate calculator to the exam day: SAT's Rules / ACT's Rules
Which test is right for you?
Presentation created by Huntington Learning Center. Presented at Financial Aid Parent Night 2019
Know what to expect. Find out what kinds of questions you’ll see on the new SAT and what they measure. You can also watch videos for an overview of each test.
- FREE test prep that links with your College Board account to personalize your test prep experience
- Link your College Board and Khan Academy accounts to get automatic personalized recommendations based on your PSAT performance, or take diagnostics if you didn't take the PSAT.
- We'll recommend practice to you based on your results. You can practice other skills any time you'd like, even if we didn't recommend them to you.
- Video and text explanations will help you learn the skills covered on the test and show you how the test is structured.
- Be sure to take some full-length practice exams, too! We recommend taking them without interruption to give you a sense of what to expect on test day.
The ACT is now offered on Sundays at MHS
! You can choose these dates when registering.
Everything You Need to Know:
- Getting Ready—Information about test dates, fees, locations, and more.
- ACT Academy - A FREE online learning tool and test practice program designed to help you get the best score possible on the ACT test, and well on your way to college and career success.
- Your Scores—Explore information about viewing, sending, and understanding your test scores.
- Help—Discover answers to the most frequently asked questions about the ACT, access detailed contact information, and more.
- Register—Create your web account and get registered for the ACT
In order to be eligible for testing waivers students must be currently eligible for the Free/Reduced lunch program. If you are not currently eligible please fill out the application below. Students are able to have 2 ACT and 2 SAT waivers. Once they have used the 2 waivers to register they cannot have any more waivers; even if the student was absent the day of testing. The fee waivers covers the registration fee, however, the waiver will not cover a late registration fee.
For SAT you only need to use 1 paper waiver given to you at MHS. After that their system will recognize that you receive waivers and will automatically ask if you want to use the second one the next time your register.
Students can see their counselor to obtain a fee waiver.