2023-2024 DCPS Home Education PERT Testing
DCPS offers Postsecondary Education Readiness Testing (PERT) for registered Home Education students at no cost to students. The Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (P.E.R.T.) is Florida's customized common placement test. The purpose of the P.E.R.T. is to determine accurate course placement based on the student's skills and abilities. The P.E.R.T. is aligned with the Postsecondary Readiness Competencies identified by Florida faculty as necessary for success in entry-level college credit coursework. The P.E.R.T. assessment system includes Placement and Diagnostic tests in mathematics, reading and writing.
- Students must be registered appropriately with the Duval County Public Schools Home Education Office.
- The registration form must be properly completed and submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. by the deadlines indicated below.
- You will receive a testing confirmation email 1 week prior to your test date. This email will contain a PERT study guide, the Assessment Services Student Identification form, and the Emergency Contact Information, Authorization for Release of Student from School and Consent to Receive School Health Services form.
- If your child has an IEP or 504 Plan, please email the most recent copy of the IEP/504 Plan to Heather Naughton, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All PERT testing is administered at the DCPS Parent Resource Center, 4037 Boulevard Center Drive, Jacksonville, FL. 32207
- Students are asked to check in for testing between 8:00am - 8:30am. Check-in will not be available prior to 8:00am.
- At check-in, each student must provide a student ID that includes his/her full name and a recent photograph. Acceptable forms of ID are: passports, military IDs, school IDs, state issued IDs, or a completed Assessment Services Student Identification form. Please click here for the Assessment Services Student Identification form. It will also be attached to the PERT Testing Confirmation email you will receive 1 week prior to testing.
- Students who arrive after 9:00 am will not be permitted to test.
- While the PERT test is not timed, students must start on their final test section by 12:00pm. If they do not start their final test section by this time, they will need to reschedule.
- Calculators are not permitted. If your child is taking the PERT Math test, a calculator will be provided in the testing platform when allowed.
- Students must adhere to the DCPS dress code while at the testing site.
- Student scores are available immediately after each test section.
- Students will not receive a paper or electronic score report. They will be given a score sheet and may write down their score when it is displayed.
- Test scores will be sent to FSCJ Dual Enrollment Coordinator for Home Education, the next business day.
- Any questions regarding scores, enrollment, or deadlines, please contact FSCJ Homeschool Dual Enrollment at email@example.com.
Consent to Receive School Health Services Form:
- All students testing on Duval County Public School campuses will need to have a completed Emergency Contact Information, Authorization for Release of Student from School and Consent to Receive School Health Services form on file in order to receive any care and/or treatment for illness, injury and/or emergency care.
- Please click here for the Concent to Recieve School Health Services form. It will also be attached to the PERT Testing Confirmation email you will receive 1 week prior to testing.
- Please bring the completed consent form with you to check-in. A DCPS employee will collect it and keep it on file. Only one form is needed for each school year and will cover all testing windows within the school year. Families with multiple children testing will need to complete a form for each child. Do not email any completed forms to the State Testing Office as it contains confidential information and will be deleted.
- If you require this form in any language other than English, please contact Heather Naughton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|PERT Testing Date||Registration Closes at 4:00pm|
|September 7, 2023 - CLOSED||September 1, 2023|
|September 21, 2023 - CLOSED||September 7, 2023|
|October 5, 2023 - CLOSED||September 21, 2023|
|October 23, 2023||October 9, 2023|
|November 9, 2023||October 26, 2023|
|November 13, 2023||October 30, 2023|
|November 27, 2023||November 13, 2023|
|January 25, 2024||January 11, 2024|
|February 1, 2024||January 18, 2024|
|February 15, 2024||February 1, 2024|
|February 26, 2024||February 12, 2024|
|March 7, 2024||February 22, 2024|
|April 4, 2024||March 21, 2024|
|April 22, 2024||April 8, 2024|
|May 20, 2024||May 6, 2024|
|May 30, 2024||May 16, 2024|
|June 3, 2024||May 20, 2024|
|June 13, 2024||May 30, 2024|
|June 24, 2024||June 10, 2024|
|July 8, 2024||June 24, 2024|
|July 25, 2024||July 11, 2024|
|July 29, 2024||July 15, 2024|