The School Advisory Committee (SAC)
The responsibility of the School Advisory Council is to provide parents, citizens, faculty, staff, and students an opportunity to participate in the development of educational priorities, assessment of a school’s needs, and identification of local resources.
The functions of School Advisory Council are to assist in the preparation and evaluation of the school improvement plan, and to assist in the preparation of the school budget.
Other broad functions of the School Advisory Council include:
- to participate in planning and monitoring of school buildings and grounds;
- to initate activities or programs that generate greater cooperation between the community and the school;
- to assist in the development of educational goals and objectives;
- to recommend various support services and resources;
- to assist in the preparation of the accreditation report;
- to review the impact of property development and zoning changes in the vicinity of the school as they relate to the safety, welfare and educational opportunities of the students;
- to perform any such functions as are prescribed by regulations of the school board;
- to perform other functions as requested by the principal.
APR's School Advisory Council (SAC) is comprised of 5 parents, 3 community members, 4 teachers, 3 students, the principal, and 1 support staff. The SAC meets the 4th Thursday of each month from 5:00PM - 6:00PM.
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Franz Wallace
SAC Chair A. Philip Randolph College and Career Academies