Controlled Open Enrollment
Duval County Public Schools has adopted a Controlled Open Enrollment (COE) plan that allows parents to enroll children in a school outside of the attendance area. Parents are allowed to select one school. Placement is not guaranteed. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
The applications for Controlled Open Enrollment for the 4th quarter of 2022-2023 will be open March 6th-March 8th. Parents will receive an email notification by March 10th, if a student is placed at a new school.
Below are the links for the 2022 - 2023 4th Quarter Controlled Open Enrollment application. These links will be available to families Monday, March 6th at 7:30 a.m.
For more information about this option, parents are encouraged to make an appointment with a school choice specialist.
- All students entering grades K–12 are eligible to apply
- Non–Duval County residents are eligible to apply
- Transportation is the responsibility of parent/guardian for special transfer option schools
- Transportation details for magnet schools
- Schools not listed will not be considered
- Late applications will not be accepted
- COE applications are processed in the order in which they are received
- If there is seat availability, families will receive notification of placement/assignment and next steps from the Office of School Choice