Controlled Open Enrollment
Duval County Public Schools has a Controlled Open Enrollment (COE) plan that allows parents to enroll children in a school outside of the attendance area. Parents are allowed to select one magnet and/or one special transfer option school. If a family accepts a special assignment, any waitlisted application for 2023 - 2024 will be cancelled.
Controlled Open Enrollment applications will be placed at the end of the existing waitlist in a first-come, first-served manner. Placement is not guaranteed.
COE Applications Dates
- 2nd Quarter: October 4th - 6th, this application window has closed.
- 3rd Quarter: December 13th - 15th, this application window has closed.
- 4th Quarter: March 6th - 8th
If a student is placed at a new school, families will be notified by a member of the School Choice team. You will only be contacted if/when a seat becomes available.
- Parents will receive an email notification if a student is placed in a new school.
- Applications will be processed if there is seat availability.
- Applications are not assigned a wait list number.
For more information about this option, parents are encouraged to make an appointment with a school choice specialist.