New: Are you interested in dual enrollment? Fill out the form here.
Traditional Dual Enrollment
Dual Enrollment programs allow high school students to simultaneously earn college or career credit toward a post-secondary diploma, certificate, or degree at a Florida public institution and credit toward a high school diploma. Dual Enrollment courses are free to DCPS students including registration, enrollment, and/or lab fees. However, there are some restrictions on choice of courses.
- 11th or 12th grade
- 3.0 unweighted cumulative high school GPA and maintain a 2.0 college GPA
- Counselor approval
- Post-secondary ready scores (see below)
- Students who earn one (1) or more final grade of D/F/FN/W in a dual enrollment course are not eligible for enrollment in dual enrollment courses the subsequent DCPS semester. This rule applies across all dual enrollment programs and partner institutions.
- Should complete SLS (Strategies for Learning Success) course during first semester of dual enrollment
- Can take SLS during same semester as other courses
- Can take 3 courses per semester, only two per semester can be ‘off campus’
- If course is offered at FCHS, then it must be taken at FCHS
Unwritten Rules of Dual Enrollment:
- Always contact your Dual Enrollment coordinator the moment you realize there is an issue.
- Students need reliable & consistent access to a computer, printer, and the internet. This has to be more than what they can access on their phone.
- Make sure professors know your name & face by introducing yourself after the first class.
- Every course has a published syllabus. Find it. Print it. Follow it.
- Pay attention to the Professors’ Office Policies or contact methods.
- Attend every class, be early for class, & stay until the professor dismisses the class – EVERY CLASS – regardless of the attendance policy.
- Bring your textbook(s), notebook, and something to write with to every class.
- Take notes in your notebook (not your phone) every class.
Traditional Dual Enrollment Deadlines:
Dec. 1 - Registration form due to FSCJ Coordinator for Spring courses held at FSCJ.
May 1 - Registration form due to FSCJ Coordinator for Fall courses held at FSCJ.
*You must see the FSCJ coordinator at least two months before the deadline if you are interested in this program.