2023-24 ALTERNATE ADDRESS REQUEST
About the Alternate Address Request
Transportation will use the 23-24 primary address in Focus to assign a bus stop. To update that address, visit your child's 2023-24 school of enrollment. Do not complete an Alternate Address Form.
Complete an Alternate Address Form, if you require a different stop/bus for your student, other than the one assigned based on the primary address listed in Focus. Alternate Address requests are considered based on Transportation Policy, as referenced below.
Completing the Alternate Address Request:
- Register your student for a bus.
- Review the criteria below. This is what will be used to determine approval of your request:
- The Primary Address listed in Focus meets the transportation policy
- The Alternate Address provided on the request meets the transportation policy.
- If either 1or 2 is “no” the student is not eligible for transportation from the address provided and ridership is the responsibility of the parent.
- The parent has registered the student for bus transportation by selecting “yes” on the Transportation page in FOCUS.
- If 1, 2 and 3 are yes, the request will be reviewed by the Transportation Coordinator. If approved, the student will be assigned to a bus and the route information will be given to the parent.
- If 3 is “no” – the parent must register the student for transportation via the parent FOCUS Registration screen
- Parents should only submit one request per student.
- If your student is eligible based on the criteria above, complete the Alternate Address request form.
- Magnet Transportation
- Please refer to the School Choice Reference Guide.
- Neighborhood School Transportation
- The student's address must be greater than 1.5 miles from school of attendance
- The student's address must be in the zoned attendance area
- STO/Special Assignment
- Transportation is not provided to a Special Transfer Option (STO)student; Special Transfer Options are made available to a student who wishes to attend a school other than the one in his or her attendance area. As noted on the STO Application, transportation to the STO school is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.