Extended Day Program
Ronda Simmonds, DirectorPhone: 696-8750Fax: 696-8748
San Mateo Elementary Extended Day Program provides a safe environment for working parents to have their children. The program provides supervision by responsible, caring adults before and after the regular school hours. In addition to Homework assistance, the program offers indoor games, team sports, playground recreation, movies and special activities, including Sock Hops,Talent shows, etc.
Days/Times of Operation
Extended Day shall operate only on days school is in session for students. The morning session begins at 7:00 a.m. The afternoon session begins at the end of the school day until 6:00 p.m. (Late fees will be assessed for students picked up after 6:00 p.m.)
(All fees are set by the Duval County School Board)
Each session runs for 20 school days (4 weeks).
- A.M. session fee - $52.00 ; P.M. session fee - $100.00 ; A.M. and P.M. fee - $152.00
- A $15 late fee will be added to payments after the 5th day of each payment due date (see below)
- All balances must be current in order to receive Extended Day services.
- A $1 per minute late fee is required when children are picked up after 6:00 p.m.
- All payments must be made during Extended Day times, payments will not be accepted in the Front Office
NOTE: Money orders, and Certified Checks only for extended day payment ( made out to San Mateo Elem.)
**NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED **Messages
Please write a note, send a fax (696-8748) or personally give the Director messages you wish to convey. Verbal messages from the student will not be accepted.
All students enrolled in the Extended Day Program are required by HRS to have an afternoon snack provided by their parents.
Students who are ill should not be brought to the Extended Day Program. If a child becomes ill during the day, the parents will be notified and the student should be picked up.
Parents are encouraged to carry insurance which will cover their children in the event of an accident during Extended Day activities.
Children will be placed in timeout for disciplinary purposes. The Extended Day Program reserves the right to suspend and/or expel a child from the program. Offenses are handled on an individual basis and the severity of the offense is taken into consideration.
- 1st Offense: Conference with student.
- 2nd Offense: Conference with student and parent.
- 3rd Offense: 1-3 day suspension from the program.
- 4th Offense: Possible removal from the program.
1. Children are required to remain with their instructors during the designated time.
2. Behavior problems will not be tolerated.
3. If a child is continually disruptive, the referral system will be enforced.
4. Extended Day students are expected to respect all adults and the rights of others.
Clothing and Personal Belongings
All personal belongings and clothing such as caps, sweaters, coats, and lunch boxes should be labeled with the student's name. We can NOT be responsible for lost items.